Update 3/18/20: As we all know with the rapid onset of COVID-19 and it's fallout, our future in how we educate children will look very different than our normal day to day as we know it. Please be aware that district leadership is working on developing plans on how to address this future on many fronts including distance learning. I must leave it to our leadership to deliver detailed messages but will say I hope we remain calm and keep our immediate support for our community of learners simple, clear, and familiar with a focus on their wellbeing. We can layer on complexity as we find our footing in this new educational landscape. Again, please reach out to me if you need support or have questions. Take care and be safe. -Chris
As OSD's Technology Support teacher I’m available to support OSD staff in planning and facilitating professional development and training for staff in the use of instructional technology to support all students and subjects. I can provide support for staff meetings, department/grade level teams, PLCs, and small groups or 1:1 which can include:
- District adopted technology and curriculums
- Assist with curriculum design and co-planning lessons
- Support for Apple (iPad and apps)
- Support for Google (Drive, Docs, Classroom, etc.)
- Support for Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Coding and Computer Science
- Digital Citizenship and Cyber Saftey Information
- Planning, logistics, and troubleshooting for integrating ed tech
- Support for a variety of tech based initiatives, applications, or tools
In addition I’m always interested in hearing about and observing OSD staff and students who are doing amazing things with ed tech. Please feel free to let me know about amazing learning events at your site I could observe, learn from, and share.
To request 1:1 or small group support, classroom and site visits, or training opportunities; please click here. cthorpe.youcanbook.me or contact me directly by email or phone.
Chris Thorpe - email@example.com - 805-385-1516 - Ext: 2117